FS-ISAC America’s Spring Summit
Winner receives Apple AirPod Pros
Enter Information to be entered to win a pair of Apple AirPod Pros
April 27-29, 2021 | Live Virtual Event
FS-ISAC on Demand Sponsor
Join Gurucul at this year’s event to learn more about safeguarding global financial systems by reducing cyber risk.
Gurucul Awards | Recognition for UEBA, Identity Analytics
SC Awards Europe 2020
Recognized for Best Behaviour Analytics/Enterprise Threat Detection
2020 Cyber Defense Infosec Award
Best Product for Insider Threat Prevention
Fortress Cyber Security Award 2020
Recognized for Best Security Analytics
Contest Terms and Conditions
A. General Rules:
- Eligibility: Eligible individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, reside within the continental United States of America and are current members of FS-ISAC at the time of entry may enter this Raffle. In addition, anyone deemed by GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, to be in the position to create even a perception of having an undue influence on the results of the Raffle, whether or not any such undue influence actually exists, is not eligible to participate and win. This Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation.
- Conduct of Raffle: The entrant acknowledges and agrees: (a) that this Raffle is being conducted exclusively by GURUCUL in the state of California and (b) that any donation of prizes, or efforts to advertise the Raffle is done so on a voluntary basis and does not in any way, and cannot be construed in any way to, suggest that any group other than GURUCUL is conducting this Raffle.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the Prize depends upon the total number of raffle entries. There is no limit on the total number of entries for this Raffle.
- Taxes: The Internal Revenue Service and the California Department of Revenue, the jurisdiction in which this Raffle is being conducted, treats the value of prizes won in a raffle as ordinary income for tax purposes. The winner is not required to remit any funds to GURUCUL to claim his/her prize. Any additional taxes that may be due are the sole responsibility of the winner. Please consult with your tax advisor to determine what your personal tax liability would be should you win the Raffle.
- Electronic Signature & Digital Tickets: Entrant acknowledges that he/she has read the Official Rules of this Raffle and agrees that by submitting the entry form to GURUCUL, he/she will be contractually bound by the Official Rules of this Raffle upon acceptance of the entrant’s order by GURUCUL. Furthermore, the entrant also acknowledges and agrees that by clicking the “Enter to Win” box on the form, that the entrant has read the “Official Rules” of this Raffle and that he/she agrees to be bound by them.
- Selection of Winner: A Potential winner shall be selected on the Drawing Date, as specified by the Official Rules, which may be extended as permitted by the Official Rules. The winner will be selected by a representative of GURUCUL to select a random winner from all the Digital Tickets issued for the raffle. Each Digital Ticket has an equal chance of winning. The entrant does not need to be present at the drawing to win. GURUCUL will notify the potential winner, who will be announced as the winner of the Raffle subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules.
- Qualification of Winner: Potential winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, Internal Revenue Service form W-9 (W-8BEN for non-US residents), and a Publicity Release, within two (2) days of the date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or these Official Rules, the inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, failure to return such documents within the specified time period, or the return of a prize or prize items, or a prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, time permitting, awarding of prize items to an alternate potential winner, at GURUCUL’s sole discretion, to be randomly selected from among all remaining eligible Digital Tickets.
- Claiming Your Prize: Once the winner is qualified, GURUCUL, will coordinate the process of claiming prize items, including shipping within the continental United States of America. The Winner has 30 days from the drawing date (April 29, 2021) provide a shipping address.Any and all prize items forfeited are forever gone and may not be transferred to another party or claimed at a later date. All tickets and other prize items are on an “if used” basis and will be forfeited, with no compensation to the winner, if they are not used by the winner.
- Prize Transfer Restrictions: Winner may not give, sell, transfer, assign, or substitute, or redeem for cash, any of the prize items without the prior express written consent of GURUCUL.
- Winners Release: Entrant agrees that if he or she is selected as the potential winner, regardless of whether or not he/she is qualified as the winner, that GURUCUL, and each of its designees, (a) shall have the right and permission to use (unless prohibited by law) entrant’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph and/or other likeness for advertising, promotional and/or trade and/or any other purpose in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification to entrants or any third parties; and (b) shall have no liability and will be held harmless for any liability, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or GURUCUL will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural or man-made disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any game(s), event(s), or exhibition(s), or travel and/or lodging provisions, if applicable, or the inability of GURUCUL to deliver any or all of the prize items.
- Additional Documentation and Releases: The entrant acknowledges and agrees that in addition to any and all documents required by GURUCUL to qualify the entrant as the winner, and for the winner to claim his/her prize items, prize sponsors, and/or other prize providers, may also require that additional waivers and releases be executed by the winner and his/her guest(s) (if any), prior to providing prize items. In the event that any additional documentation is required, the winner must complete any and all necessary documents, the necessity of which is at the sole discretion of GURUCUL, the earlier of, in time to utilize any prize items that are scheduled events or within 2 days following notification, as determined by GURUCUL. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner if time permits.
- Alternate Prizes: GURUCUL reserves the right to substitute prizes for other prizes, of equal or greater value, the relative value of such prizes being determined by GURUCUL in its sole discretion. Moreover, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Prize contains certain prize items that cannot be duplicated or replaced. Therefore, the entrant agrees that should, for whatever reason, and either before or after the Entry Deadline or the Drawing Date, all or part of the Prize becomes, at the sole discretion of GURUCUL, unavailable or withdrawn, and substitute prizes cannot be found, that GURUCUL may, in its sole discretion, replace the Prize in whole or in part with a cash prize equal to, if in whole, the Fair Market Value, as defined in the Official Rules, of the Prize or, if in part, the Fair Market Value, as determined by GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, of the part of the Prize that GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, has determined to be unavailable.
- Disqualified Winner: If GURUCUL, in its sole determination, disqualifies a winner, the winner will not be entitled to any refund of any kind. If the winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining Digital Tickets until such time as a qualified winner has been selected. Once a qualified winner has been selected, if GURUCUL, in its sole determination, determines that there is not enough time for the winner to claim and receive all, or some, of the prize items, GURUCUL may, in its sole discretion, replace all or a portion of the prize items with other prize items of similar or greater value, or with a cash payment. In no event, will any such cash payment exceed the Fair Market Value of the prize package.
- Administration of Raffle: The entrant acknowledges and agrees that decisions made by GURUCUL will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Raffle. GURUCUL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Raffle (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Raffle (or any portion thereof) and, in the event of termination, at its sole discretion, select a winner from those eligible, non-suspect Digital Tickets issued prior to the event requiring such termination. GURUCUL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person and void all associated orders and Digital Tickets of any person, without any reimbursement of any kind to any such person, who it believes has tampered with the order process, or any other component of this Raffle whose conduct or actions affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Raffle, or who is in violation of these Official Rules.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS RAFFLE IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS RAFFLE, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, GURUCUL AND/OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND/OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.In the event a winner is not selected and GURUCUL cancels the Raffle because of any of the foregoing reasons, GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, may refund the entrants their money for their raffle ticket purchases, or if GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, determines such refunds to be impossible, or too expensive to process, GURUCUL may then announce, such announcement being fulfilled by posting any such announcement on the GURUCUL website, that the Raffle is null and void and that any and all ticket purchases for this Raffle have been reclassified as donations to GURUCUL, which will, in accordance to the agreement(s) between GURUCUL and the charity(s), be donated to the charity(s) named as beneficiary(s) of the Raffle. If GURUCUL declares that any such raffle ticket purchases are now donations, they will then become tax-deductible, as charitable contributions, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
- Arbitration: As a condition of participating in this Raffle, entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Raffle, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association before an arbitrator appointed by the Boston, Massachusetts office of the American Arbitration Association. Such arbitration shall be held and conducted in Boston, Massachusetts, and the costs of any such arbitration shall be shared equally by both parties. However, notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall bear its own costs of representation. The arbitrator shall have the authority to interpret these Official Rules in accordance with the laws of the State of California and to enter his decision. Moreover, in no event shall the arbitrator have any authority to consider issues or allegations under M.G.L. c.93A, such claims being deemed waived by the entrant. Furthermore, pursuant to the provisions of M.G.L. c.251 §11, either party may apply to the Superior Court of Massachusetts to confirm the arbitrator’s decision and enter a judgment in favor of the prevailing party. Under no circumstances will the entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with ordering and purchasing the entrant’s Raffle tickets), and entrant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event that the entrant prevails in any such arbitration, his/her damages shall be limited to the actual amount that he/she paid for the tickets he/she purchased for the Raffle.
- Jurisdiction: The entrant acknowledges and agrees that this Raffle is being conducted exclusively in the State of California and that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant, GURUCUL, and the Released Parties, in connection with the Raffle, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of California, USA.
B. Raffle Specific Rules:
- Location: This Raffle is being conducted in accordance with the laws of the State of California. The entrant and GURUCUL hereby agree and confirm that all the elements of the contract created by and between these parties by these Official Rules and each party’s obligations pursuant to this contract, have been formed and will be fulfilled and discharged solely within the jurisdiction of the State of California. This Agreement is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California.
- Ticket Prices: No purchase necessary to enter. Entrants must be members of the FS-ISAC community attending the FS-ISAC Spring Summit 2021.
- Winner Notification: The winner will be selected on April 29, 2021, in Los Angeles, California, and the entrant does not need to be present to win. The winner will be notified by GURUCUL. The winner’s name and city, state will be posted on GURUCUL’s social media pages on or about 5/1/21 unless otherwise specified on the Official Raffle Page. GURUCUL also has the right to extend the raffle drawing, if necessary.
- Official Raffle Page: The Official Raffle Page is defined as the page from which you begin the ordering process for Raffle tickets. The Official Raffle Page is incorporated into these Official Rules as follows:
- Prize: The prize package(s) for the Raffle are described on the Main Raffle Page, subject to any restrictions referenced there or in these Official Rules.
- Fair Market Value: The Fair Market Value of the Prize is as referenced on the Official Raffle Page.
- Entry Deadline: The Entry Deadline for the Raffle is as referenced on the Official Raffle Page. However, GURUCUL, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, determines to be necessary, extend the Entry Deadline by up to thirty days from the original time and date of the original Entry Deadline by changing the Entry Deadline on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Entry Deadline.
- Drawing Date: The Drawing Date for the Raffle is as referenced on the Official Raffle Page and the time shall be determined by GURUCUL. However, GURUCUL, at its sole discretion, may, without any notice, penalty, or offer of a refund, and as often as GURUCUL, in its sole discretion, determines it to be necessary, extend the Drawing Date by up to thirty days from the original Drawing Date by changing the Drawing Date on the Main Raffle Page to reflect the new Drawing Date.