Mid Market/SME – Account Executive
Gurucul is a global cyber security company that is changing the way organizations protect their most valuable assets, data and information from insider and external threats both on-premises and in the cloud. Gurucul’s real-time Cloud-Native Security Analytics and Operations Platform provides customers with Next Generation SIEM, Open XDR, UEBA, and Identity and Access Analytics in one unified platform. It combines machine learning behavior profiling with predictive risk-scoring algorithms to predict, prevent, and detect breaches. Gurucul technology is used by Global 1000 companies and government agencies to fight cybercrimes, IP theft, insider threat and account compromise as well as for log aggregation, compliance and risk-based security orchestration and automation for real-time extended detection and response. The company is based in Los Angeles.
Gurucul is backed by an advisory board comprised of Fortune 500 CISOs, and world-renowned experts in government intelligence and cyber security. Our mission is to help organizations protect their intellectual property, regulated information, and brand reputation, from insider threats and sophisticated external intrusions.
About the Role:
We are expanding our sales force and are currently seeking senior Enterprise Sales Directors who will be responsible for selling critical security software to large enterprise and government organizations.
How you impact the Gurucul vision:
- Responsible for Mid-Market new business sales cycle from lead to close.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Report on sales activity and maintain an accurate forecast for sales leadership
- Develop a strategic sales plan to cover accounts effectively and efficiently within the territory
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand business
- Aggressively prospect and acquire new logos within Mid-Market Accounts
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Development Reps to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans
- Manage lead qualification and conversion
- Conduct online and in person presentations and demonstrations of the Gurucul platform for prospects and customers
- Provide customer feedback to marketing, customer success, product management, and engineering
- Rapidly learn about Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Identity Access & Analytics, UEBA, and more.
- Capture and understand a prospect’s needs and challenges to effectively communicate how Gurucul will address those needs and help solve those challenges.
- Use Salesforce for lead, account, and opportunity management
- Travel as required to prospects, customers, or marketing events
Who You Are:
- 2-5+ years of SaaS software sales (preferably cybersecurity), selling to both technical and business focused audiences.
- Ability to manage a complex sales process using both in-person and online presentation tools
- Demonstrable experience over-performing in a fast-paced, high-velocity sales environment
- Adept at understanding and articulating new technologies, and mapping the respective value propositions to customer needs
- Strong technical background, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of over-achievement in past experiences
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Established, relevant cybersecurity network preferred
- Competency with Salesforce, Google Apps, MS Office and Marketing Automation tools.
- Effective time management, deal management, account planning, and analytical skills
- Prior experience with sales process or qualification methodologies
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive, can-do attitude with the capacity to meet and exceed quota
- BS degree or higher preferred
Things you will LOVE about Gurucul:
- Great Culture – We work hard, act with integrity, transparency, and as a team to achieve and celebrate success
- Career Growth – Growing fast, we create opportunities for advancement and financial reward
- Health Benefits – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage for you and your family
- Other Benefits – 401K, hybrid-work, parental leave, life/disability/AD&D insurance, pet insurance, home insurance and more!
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays and sick leave
$75,000 – $90,000 base plus commission per year
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.