Mid Market/SME – Account Executive
About the Company:
Gurucul is looking for a bright, highly motivated, self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to join our Mid-Market/SME sales team. The Account Executive will focus on New Business bookings through the creation of sales leads, establishing ongoing rapport, and closing business. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge, the ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders over the phone, through email and face-to-face, and will have proven success in operating with complex sales cycles.
Gurucul offers a clear career path with various opportunities to learn and grow. This position will report to the VP of SME Sales & Business Development.
About the Role:
We are expanding our sales force and are currently seeking senior Enterprise Sales Directors who will be responsible for selling critical security software to large enterprise and government organizations.
How you impact the Gurucul vision:
- Responsible for Mid-Market new business sales cycle from lead to close.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Report on sales activity and maintain an accurate forecast for sales leadership
- Develop a strategic sales plan to cover accounts effectively and efficiently within the territory
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand business
- Aggressively prospect and acquire new logos within Mid-Market Accounts
- Work closely and collaboratively with Sales Development Reps to develop and implement appropriate prospect communication plans
- Manage lead qualification and conversion
- Conduct online and in person presentations and demonstrations of the Gurucul platform for prospects and customers
- Provide customer feedback to marketing, customer success, product management, and engineering
- Rapidly learn about Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Identity Access & Analytics, UEBA, and more.
- Capture and understand a prospect’s needs and challenges to effectively communicate how Gurucul will address those needs and help solve those challenges.
- Use Salesforce for lead, account, and opportunity management
- Travel as required to prospects, customers, or marketing events
Who You Are:
- 2-5+ years of SaaS software sales (preferably cybersecurity), selling to both technical and business focused audiences.
- Ability to manage a complex sales process using both in-person and online presentation tools
- Demonstrable experience over-performing in a fast-paced, high-velocity sales environment
- Adept at understanding and articulating new technologies, and mapping the respective value propositions to customer needs
- Strong technical background, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of over-achievement in past experiences
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Established, relevant cybersecurity network preferred
- Competency with Salesforce, Google Apps, MS Office and Marketing Automation tools.
- Effective time management, deal management, account planning, and analytical skills
- Prior experience with sales process or qualification methodologies
- Self-sufficient with the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Positive, can-do attitude with the capacity to meet and exceed quota
- BS degree or higher preferred
Things you will LOVE about Gurucul:
- Great Culture – We work hard, act with integrity, transparency, and as a team to achieve and celebrate success
- Career Growth – Growing fast, we create opportunities for advancement and financial reward
- Health Benefits – Comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage for you and your family
- Other Benefits – 401K, hybrid-work, parental leave, life/disability/AD&D insurance, pet insurance, home insurance and more!
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays and sick leave
$75,000 – $90,000 base plus commission per year
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.