The Cloud / SaaS Architect is responsible to design and develop leading edge, market-disrupting SaaS cybersecurity solutions in our fast-paced, high-functioning, global environment. Gurucul’s applications are being developed to use container based micro service architecture and the latest technological advances.
The Cloud / SaaS Architect will demonstrate thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success designing and implementing in the following areas:
- Secure Amazon and/or Azure standardized solutions as well as Identity & Access Management, Data Protection, Secure DevOps, Security Operations, and other security domains for Cloud
- Linux/Unix tools and architectures and DevOps tools and processes Web, security, and networking protocols
- Security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning; – The “stack” of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end processing and storage
- Software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
- Enterprise Cloud solutions across IaaS, PaaS & SaaS. This may include: AWS, Azure, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Box etc.
- Enterprise security and Cloud security specific solutions such as: IAM/IdaaS, CASB, Identity Governance, Cloud SOC/SIEM, Key Management & Encryption, Public, Private and Hybrid cloud solutions
Thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs in the following areas:
- Working on complex systems, being customer-centric, and delivering results while solving security challenges in innovative ways
- Bringing high level energy, sense of urgency, decisiveness, and ability to work well under pressure
- Focusing on relationship building and relationship management.
- Performs AWS, Azure and GCP service development and design work that may include logical design, I/O design, cloud architecture analysis and design, and systems engineering.
- Develops technical roadmaps for future cloud implementations (single and multi-tenant architectures)
- Develops architecture, business case analysis and cost models on potential projects.
- Ensures security is integrated into all Gurucul cloud / SaaS solutions
- Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Develops and maintains enterprise cloud / SaaS control infrastructure
- Acts as a subject-matter expert around AWS, Azure and GCP for other sales and solutions teams
- Guide the work of Analysts, Engineers, Technical Consultants, partners and extended teams as these resources install, configure, test and maintain cloud services from AWS, Azure and GCP, operating systems, application software, management tools
- Consult with clients and engineering to proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 3rd level and higher support for AWS, Azure and GCP infrastructure
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Maintain fluency and current knowledge of cloud computing technologies, trends, services and popular third-party tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, CE or EE is required
- Master’s Degree in CS, CE or EE is preferred
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisor, storage, monitoring, security etc.) and have experience with orchestration to develop a cloud solution
- At least one current associate or higher-level certifications in AWS, Azure or GCP.
- At least 5 years’ experience with:
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX, Linux, MS desktop and server, based environments.
- Virtualization and containerization such as AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware, Virtual Box, Citrix
- Systems management, logging, and monitoring systems
- Solid scripting skills with shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python, VB, C++, C#, Java
- Solid networking knowledge in all OSI network layers
- Experience with an automation platform (Puppet, Chef)
- Experience with one or more RDBMS platforms (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NOSQL databases (Dynamo, etc.)
- Extensive experience working on large scale IT projects related to design, deployment and configuration.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work individually without much direction while also working as part of a team towards a common goal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Chef, Puppet, AWS, Azure and GCP
- Knowledge of mobile device deployment solutions and management
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems
- Knowledge of database designs and administration
- Ability to configure and support SANs, NASs and clustering configurations.
- Los Angeles is preferred, but will consider working remote
- Up to 50% travel