Product Support Engineer
Gurucul is transforming enterprise security with user behavior and predictive analytics. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rapidly growing and progressive environment, this is the position for you. Gurucul offers competitive compensation packages and full benefits for all full-time employees.
As a member of Gurucul Production Support team, you will be supporting Gurucul’s product applications suite. In this role, you will handle Tier-2 escalations from the Client Services team as well as the Gurucul customers. You will investigate, analyze and resolve issues. You will work with multiple teams to gather requirements, participate in troubleshooting/root cause analysis sessions, propose, test and document solutions.
- Responsible to research, triage, resolve and schedule the fixes to customer environment
- Identify possible production failure scenarios, create enhancements/problem tickets and communicate effectively both with internal organizations as well as with the Gurucul customers
- Review, approve and execute data corrections and other ad-hoc production requests from internal/external partners
- Adhere to and enhance administrative, operational and technical policies and procedures
- Identify vulnerabilities and improvement opportunities; maintain records to develop a trend analysis that will drive improvement in Production support services
- Create ad hoc reports for internal/external users
DETAILED DESCRIPTION AND JOB REQUIREMENT
- Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug the Gurucul product suite.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications.
- Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture.
- Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs.
- Build and execute unit tests and unit plans.
- Review integration and regression test plans created by QA.
- Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgement.
- Fully competent in own area of expertise.
- May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BE/Btech or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
- 2 years of minimum software engineering or related experience.
- Strong understanding of technical deployments and handling relational databases
- Experience in configuring and maintaining web application servers, such as WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Basic understanding of system administration in Linux
- Test Data Creations and release testing for patch fixes, health checks, and Shell Script writing in Linux
- Collaborate cross-functionally with all Operational Engineering teams to troubleshoot production and development systems, application, and toolset issues. Identify critical problems that occur on a regular basis and design/implement scalable, long term solutions
- Generate reports and analyze data to ensure quality and measurability to drive performance gains application suites systems and tool sets, including the ownership of bug fixes, monitoring refinements, and code design/implementation across various platforms
- Partner with on/offshore business and engineering groups to manage and streamline daily support tickets – track, analyze, and manage them to closure
- Assisting in the implementation and release of new features including documentation design and operational oversight of systems
- Building and continually refining monitoring tools and reporting strategies as it relates to operational software platforms and operations
- Participate in off-hours on-call support rotation and as a subject-matter escalation point for off-hours incident resolution
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.