Gurucul is transforming enterprise security with user behavior and predictive analytics. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rapidly growing and progressive environment, this is the position for you. Gurucul offers competitive compensation packages and full benefits for all full-time employees.
JOB DESCRIPTION: UI/UX DESIGNER
Gurucul is currently seeing a UI/UX designer to define new approaches to complex design problems and is responsible for all aspects of user experience. You will lead the efforts to research user behavior, design and usability trends, and translate them into a better performing product in the eyes of our end users. You should be comfortable understanding complex data scientist’s workflow, exploring different design options based on various use cases, and building detailed interaction and pixel specs. You will also be crafting a design system for integrating consistent, efficient components across our product portfolio.
- Define new approaches to complex design problems and convey solutions in the form of wireframes, prototypes, user flows, site maps and presentations.
- Responsible for all aspects of user experience including business & user needs analysis, high & low fidelity prototyping and following deployment, monitoring usage and measuring adoption success.
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for user needs.
- Work closely with team of Product Management, Product Owners, Engineering & QA to help define use cases and think through requirements. Provide concepts when appropriate.
- Deliver wireframes and/or visual design packages for handoff to the engineering team. Follow through and work closely with engineering and QA to ensure quality and integrity of the design is maintained through release.
- Assist the usability and research team with validating and measuring user experience success via usability testing and focus groups.
- Advocate for creative excellence and design quality.
- Assist engineering in UI development (testing, style development).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant design, psychology, or technology field or relevant work experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a UX Designer and formal design training.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator and Sketch or equivalent.
- Strong visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, color, images and interactivity impact design.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and facilitate the visual representation of concepts.
- Candidate should have experience working on multiple projects, a willingness to meet aggressive deadlines and release schedules, and ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Proven ability to work in an agile, collaborative development environment in which feedback loops between product, design and engineering are open and constant.
- Maintains current understanding of advances in design, technology and trends, knowledge of software capabilities and limitations.
- Understanding of cyber security industry, a plus
- Ability to code UI a plus
Position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.