JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Channels & Business Alliances
Gurucul is changing the way enterprises protect themselves against insider threats, account compromise and data exfiltration in both on-premises and cloud environments. The company’s user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) and identity analytics (IdA) technology uses machine learning and predictive anomaly detection algorithms to reduce the attack surface for accounts, eliminate unnecessary access rights and privileges, and identify, predict and prevent breaches.
Gurucul is backed by an advisory board comprised of Fortune 500 CISOs, and world-renowned experts in government intelligence and cyber security. Our mission is to help organizations protect their intellectual property, regulated information, and brand reputation, from insider threats and sophisticated external intrusions.
They are expanding their sales force and are currently seeking an experience Director of Channels and Business Alliances who will be responsible for selling critical security software to develop impactful resale channel and business alliance programs that drive net new revenue for the company.
Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience of channel sales experience (preferably in security and/or software sales of RSA, SailPoint, McAfee, Symantec, Palo Alto, Tenable, or other types of data center software/hardware).
Leadership and Strategy
- Strategy development and execution of Channel programs and organization.
- Execute effective recruiting efforts to drive growth of the value added resale channel.
- Develop and execute Partner strategy to include Channel expansion and coverage model.
- Lead Partner Programs, design Channel incentive plan strategy and execution efforts.
- Responsible for leading Partner Development and Education strategy development to include certifications for Business Partners, ISV and Development Partners.
- Responsible for ISV partnership sales and account management.
Education and Development
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Develop, maintain and improve personal knowledge of the company’s products/services to be able to support the partner.
- Educate partner’s sales team about Gurucul’s brand and product portfolio.
- Ensure that channel partner’s technical team have adequate support and ongoing training/education to effectively design, sell, install, and support Gurucul’s product line.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of Gurucul personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Follow the established sales processes of the company and effectively utilize the available sales resources provided by the company.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Successfully reconcile “the voice of the channel” with the “voice of the company” to achieve the highest customer satisfaction possible while also meeting the company’s goals.
Planning & Forecasting
- Proactively leads a joint partner planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Develop channel sales plans and strategies for building/maintaining a robust channel sales pipeline and moving key opportunities through the sales cycle.
- Review with management and channel partners at least once a quarter.
- Effectively maintain and keep current customer/channel partner information and sales opportunities in the company’s CRM system.
- Develop and maintain a business plan with managed partners.
- Coordinate and lead regular pipeline review call with managed partners.
- Drives adoption of Gurucul sales programs among assigned partners.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is required.
- Minimum10 years of experience selling Information Technology hardware/software; Channel sales experience preferably in security and/or software sales is highly desirable.
- A consistent track record of sales success with the ability to penetrate and engage at the field and executive level.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time and territory management abilities.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
- Open – Any major cities in the US
- Significant Requirement for travel: 30 to 50%
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.