Gurucul is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to be responsible for building awareness, being a product evangelist, delivering product messaging, supporting demand generation programs, and enabling sales by leveraging various communications activities including: messaging, sales assets, collateral, online media, training, webinars, blogs, bylines and events. This individual will develop strategic marketing plans and messaging through market research, competitive analysis, and channel and client engagement.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Refine our value proposition, messaging, and buyer personas
- Acquire a deep understanding of our customers to develop solutions-oriented positioning and messaging that differentiates our product.
- Listen to our users, to understand their delights, needs and frustrations so you can use that information to craft new product narrative.
- Enable our sales team to be effective, by arming them with the tools they need to win
- Create product content (sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy) to articulate the benefits of our product
- Write and present thought leadership webinars, blogs, byline articles and rapid responses to breaking news
- Lead the launch of new features to new and existing clients, including defining the benefits and producing all collateral needed to support the launch
- Be the expert at the company on our competitors and defining our differentiation
- Work closely with the sales team, becoming an expert on our sales motion and finding ways to continually improve it, especially as we serve larger and more complex customers
- Work closely with the product team to own the business value story for each new feature
- Present and demonstrate the product and solution value proposition to sellers, business partners, clients and other audiences
- Develop use-cases, scripted demonstrations, videos, joint value propositions and ROI
- Create and manage awareness and thought leadership via press, analyst, speaking, social media, e-marketing and industry events
- Engage with key customers to validate messaging and build client references
- Demonstrated experience in a software product marketing role
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Business acumen
- Demonstrated success in implementing and managing outbound marketing projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven ability to convey complex concepts in simple (but not simplistic) terms
- A love for storytelling in a simple, thoughtful, and visual manner
- Proven ability to write thought leadership blogs, whitepapers, bylines, and responses to press inquiries
- Exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Self-starter personality and comfort with ambiguity
- Passionate, collaborate team player
- Readiness to travel 30% travel annually
- 7+ years of B2B product marketing experience; track record of owning marketing strategy for lines of business
Is this you?
- You are a writer. You love to write with authority and purpose. You have something important and interesting to say about cybersecurity attack vectors, impact, remediation, and predictions.
- You are Technical. Maybe you have worked in a developer heavy environment before. Maybe you have a background in Computer Science. Or maybe you just code on the side.
- You are Creative. You love solving problems in new ways. You don’t just reuse the same playbook/framework/process everywhere; you adapt them and make them better over time.
- You are Business Savvy. You have 7+ years in a Product Marketing or similar role. Maybe you have an MBA or maybe you started your own business. Metrics, analysis and reporting is second nature to you. You used this to drive informed business decisions and explain your ideas to peers.
Product Marketing: 7 years (Required)