Sales Engineer – US
Gurucul is a global cyber security company that is changing the way organizations protect their most valuable assets, data and information from insider and external threats both on-premises and in the cloud. Gurucul’s real-time Cloud-Native Security Analytics and Operations Platform provides customers with Next Generation SIEM, Open XDR, UEBA, and Identity and Access Analytics in one unified platform. It combines machine learning behavior profiling with predictive risk-scoring algorithms to predict, prevent, and detect breaches. Gurucul technology is used by Global 1000 companies and government agencies to fight cybercrimes, IP theft, insider threat and account compromise as well as for log aggregation, compliance and risk-based security orchestration and automation for real-time extended detection and response. The company is based in Los Angeles.
Gurucul is backed by an advisory board comprised of Fortune 500 CISOs, and world-renowned experts in government intelligence and cyber security. Our mission is to help organizations protect their intellectual property, regulated information, and brand reputation, from insider threats and sophisticated external intrusions.
Gurucul is seeking an experienced Senior Sales Engineer who has experience working at a start-up environment. Successful candidates will have a track record in building, managing, and delivering high performing sales results with an extensive technical background. This individual will play a key role in growing Gurucul’s revenue and market share within their assigned territory.
- Develop expertise with Gurucul products and solutions so as to perform customer demos and technical pre-sales activities
- Present Gurucul products technology and processes and explain them to a technical and nontechnical audiences
- Work with sales executives throughout the sales cycle: opportunity identification, sales meetings, product demonstrations, POCs, scoping meetings, etc.
- Assess customer needs and environments, identify technical criteria / requirements and decision drivers
- Use technical features to calculate and demonstrate business value
- Assist Sales Executives to show the business reason and value documentation for the customer
- Build win-win relationships with external customers/prospects as well as internal departments
- Provide expertise regarding architecture design, strategy, and planning
- Help with solution training / partner engagement and enablement
- Represent Gurucul’s solution at industry or customer events
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect and/or client facing cyber-security consultant
- Successful track record of new business production in several industries and ability to exceed quotas
- Hands on Knowledge of Security related products and technologies (e.g. IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Incident Response, and OS in mid-senior level etc.)
- Technical understanding of cyber security products, methods, and technology trends in current market
- Understanding of SOC environment
- Working knowledge of routing principles and networking architecture, protocols and services
- Ability to effectively present solutions via live presentations and remote webinars
- Must have excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
- 5+ years relevant experience selling supporting within the information security space; ideally experience with SIEM technologies.
- Prefer expertise in at least one of the following: IBM QRadar, ArcSight, Splunk, SumoLogic, LogLogic, LogRhythm, RSA EnVision, UEBA, and other similar marketplace products.
- Knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools and network technologies
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and comfortable in a nimble environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Must live in region / territory
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.