POSITION DESCRIPTION: PRODUCT MANAGER
Gurucul is transforming enterprise security with user behavior and predictive analytics. If you enjoy working in a fast paced, rapidly growing and progressive environment, this is the position for you. Gurucul offers competitive compensation packages and full benefits for all full-time employees.
Gurucul is seeking an innovative Product Manager who is has experience working in an agile environment leading the creation and execution of the product roadmap. The Product Manager will work cross-functionally throughout the organization and champion innovative product development, research and analyze customer feedback, and understanding of market trends will anchor product development efforts. The Product Manager will also coordination of internal teams (Data Science, Engineering, Product Marketing, Customer Success) and external customer facing activities in coordination with Sales to build and foster an ecosystem of users.
- Own the creation and execution of the company’s short and long-term product roadmap based on guidance from CEO, internal stakeholders, customers and dynamic competitive environments
- Manage the entire product lifecycle starting with idea inception, prioritization, product or feature design, development, quality testing and assurance and go-to-market.
- Work with a cross functional team to define product strategy and the product roadmap based on market trends, market opportunity, customer needs, competitive analysis and input from sales, marketing, customer success and analysts.
- Coordination with peers responsible for other Gurucul product offerings, ensuring the sharing of ideas and common element scope requirements.
- Participate as a member of the team that develops product and vertical strategy and direction.
- Work to ensure that the management team has clear, prompt visibility into resource requirements and deficits, product definition changes, and project status, and participate in product retrospectives for iterative improvements to the process.
- Ensure product related customer commitments are tracked, understood and delivered, including managing necessary internal and external communication of status and changes.
- Monitor and drive all phases of product initiatives and releases including: reviewing and/or writing market driven business requirements, working with business analysts on functional specs, and monitoring results of testing. Oversee supporting documentation, including release and launch package materials and packaged product documentation through to completion, including executive sign-off for initial and final release packages.
- Strategically guide cross-functional product launch programs; ensure integrated execution plans across marketing, sales, services, support, and training teams.
- Maintain strong working relationships with customers and prospects, working with internal stakeholders to define new product needs and wants. Obtain feedback from customers through running product planning and product review programs, drive selection and prioritization of customer-driven initiatives with internal decision makers and communicate requirements to product development.
- Work with Product Marketing to conduct competitive analysis on current, planned, and potential future solutions: drive internal understanding of the competitive landscape.
- In collaboration with the Product Owner, develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation.
- Work with Product Owner and technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles and own the product development roadmap.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our customers.
- Develop and/or review appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Evaluate and validate with development teams the effort estimates for user stories and features.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or relevant field required. MS is preferred.
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of product management experience with at least 3 years in Cyber Security, Information Security or Analytics technology
- Strong leadership presence and project management skill
- Understanding of Cyber Security, Identity Management and associated technology
- Customer-centric mindset and strategic perspective to product line management
- Strong results-orientation combined with excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; track record of product success
- Demonstration of outstanding communication skills internally and externally, across teams and functions
- Demonstration of attention to detail, strong organization and planning skills
Position is based in Los Angeles, CA.