POSITION DESCRIPTION: Cyber Security Engineer
Gurucul is a fast-paced, challenging start-up company with exciting opportunities and huge potential. We offer excellent benefits, travel opportunities, competitive salaries and a casual work environment. If you are interested in being part of a fun, dynamic workplace, working with cutting edge technology in an emerging market, Gurucul is for you!
Gurucul is currently seeking highly motivated Cyber Security Engineer to work with a wide variety of clients implementing state of the art user behavior analytics solutions. The position offers variety, challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity to realize your potential. Qualified candidates will be well-rounded individuals who have a passion for working in a client facing position, implementing robust, scalable, enterprise security solutions. This position requires travel to customer sites to implement, operationalize and train customers on our cutting edge UEBA solution platform. The position includes working on customer engagement or building reusable artifacts like architecture blueprints, integration patterns, use cases, automation scripts as well as providing product demos, technical deep-dive workshops, POCs and presentations.
- Delivery of efficient, maintainable, robust, and reusable enterprise solutions
- Install, integrate, and deploy enterprise Security / User Behavior Analytics products in client environments
- Communicate to clients and partners aspects of both the product and the implementation at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation
- Gather, link, and analyze data from various sources
- Project documentation including technical requirements, architecture, design and run book
- Develop prototypes of system designs and work with database, operations, technical support, and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes
- Work with multiple project teams with competing deadlines
- Serve as a technical resource; provide tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor
- Maintain familiarity with support versions of our product, platform, procedures and processes and technology supported through Customer Service
- Conduct onsite or in-house customer training sessions
- Communicate with various areas regarding their roles and representing customer performance requirements
- Direct and perform follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction
- Communicate with customers directly during the implementation process, progress, and completion.
- Create and maintain client processes and runbook documentation
- Follow installation standards, project plans and related documentation to ensure a high level of success during the implementation process
- Report project status, schedules, issues, resolutions, and completions to Project Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the following web technologies
- Python programming and scripting experience required
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux preferred) and databases.
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions are highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Nice to Have
- Experience developing, operating, and maintaining security systems
- Working knowledge of Hadoop / Big Data Platforms, AD, LDAP.
- Experience with SIEM Technologies is highly desirable
- Security related certifications is a big plus
Computer Science, Engineering, degree or equivalent work experience
Position is based in Gurucul HQ in El Segundo, CA. This position requires up to 50% travel.