Cyber Security Engineer
Gurucul is a global cyber security company that is changing the way organizations protect their most valuable assets, data and information from insider and external threats both on-premises and in the cloud. Gurucul’s real-time Cloud-Native Security Analytics and Operations Platform provides customers with Next Generation SIEM, Open XDR, UEBA, and Identity and Access Analytics in one unified platform. It combines machine learning behavior profiling with predictive risk-scoring algorithms to predict, prevent, and detect breaches. Gurucul technology is used by Global 1000 companies and government agencies to fight cybercrimes, IP theft, insider threat and account compromise as well as for log aggregation, compliance and risk-based security orchestration and automation for real-time extended detection and response. The company is based in Los Angeles.
Gurucul is backed by an advisory board comprised of Fortune 500 CISOs, and world-renowned experts in government intelligence and cyber security. Our mission is to help organizations protect their intellectual property, regulated information, and brand reputation, from insider threats and sophisticated external intrusions.
Gurucul is currently seeking highly motivated Cyber Security Engineer to work with a wide variety of clients implementing state of the art user behavior analytics solutions. The position offers variety, challenge, responsibility, and the opportunity to realize your potential. Qualified candidates will be well-rounded individuals who have a passion for working in a client facing position, implementing robust, scalable, enterprise security solutions. This position requires travel to customer sites to implement, operationalize and train customers on our cutting edge UEBA solution platform. The position includes working on customer engagement or building reusable artifacts like architecture blueprints, integration patterns, use cases, automation scripts as well as providing product demos, technical deep-dive workshops, POCs and presentations.
- Delivery of efficient, maintainable, robust, and reusable enterprise solutions
- Install, integrate, and deploy enterprise Security / User Behavior Analytics products in client environments
- Communicate to clients and partners aspects of both the product and the implementation at the technical and/or functional level appropriate for the situation
- Gather, link, and analyze data from various sources
- Project documentation including technical requirements, architecture, design and run book
- Develop prototypes of system designs and work with database, operations, technical support, and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation processes
- Work with multiple project teams with competing deadlines
- Serve as a technical resource; provide tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor
- Maintain familiarity with support versions of our product, platform, procedures and processes and technology supported through Customer Service
- Conduct onsite or in-house customer training sessions
- Communicate with various areas regarding their roles and representing customer performance requirements
- Direct and perform follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction
- Communicate with customers directly during the implementation process, progress, and completion.
- Create and maintain client processes and runbook documentation
- Follow installation standards, project plans and related documentation to ensure a high level of success during the implementation process
- Report project status, schedules, issues, resolutions, and completions to Project Manager
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the following web technologies
- Python programming and scripting experience required
- Knowledge of operating systems (Linux preferred) and databases.
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions are highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Nice to Have
- Experience developing, operating, and maintaining security systems
- Working knowledge of Hadoop / Big Data Platforms, AD, LDAP.
- Experience with SIEM Technologies is highly desirable
- Security related certifications is a big plus
Computer Science, Engineering, degree or equivalent work experience
Position is based in Gurucul HQ in El Segundo, CA. This position requires up to 50% travel.
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.