Gurucul Analytics-Driven SIEM
Going Beyond Conventional SIEM with Advanced Behavioral Analytics
Conventional SIEM technologies focus on Events, providing filtering, rules, and basic analytics to display events. Unfortunately, most SIEM products still deluge the Security Operations team with a flood of information, which makes it hard to prioritize events by their actual risk. It is a matter of perspective. The conventional SIEM paradigm is to present Events and Incidents, as identified by rules-based analytics, without context.
Gurucul takes a different approach. Ours is a highly versatile beyond Next-Generation SIEM powered by the Gurucul Risk AnalyticsTM platform. By leveraging Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning on massive volumes of data in a vendor agnostic data lake, Gurucul delivers all the features expected from a SIEM platform and adds capabilities that no conventional SIEM platform can match. Gurucul brings context to an otherwise siloed security picture by correlating and analyzing events across the entire environment to deliver a consolidated view of the entire threat situation.
Collect, Detect, Investigate, and Respond
Gurucul SIEM’s core architecture gives you the ability to collect data from any source, analyze that data to highlight risks in ways conventional SIEM’s can’t, and respond automatically even to previously unknown threats.
Gurucul’s Cloud Native Analytics-Driven SIEM is a centralized, end-to-end, cybersecurity product that delivers multiple advanced capabilities.
- Consume and process large amounts of structured and unstructured data without performance degradation
- Leverage 350+ out-of-the-box (OOTB) integrations with major 3rd party solutions on endpoint, network, cloud, workflow, & identity
- Use preconfigured data pipelines supporting push/pull integrations through various integration patterns – APIs, flat files, LDAP/database connect, syslog, NetFlow, and streaming technologies
- Parse, filter & normalize the data with an intuitive UI to tweak existing pipelines or build new ones
- Acquire data via agent-less data collection, agents/forwarder based data collection, network decoders, data streams, and log decoders
- Build pipelines to custom home grown applications easily
- Employ Gurucul’s Hadoop based Security Data Lake at no additional cost or use your choice data lake
- Provide situational awareness with real-time analytics, identifying risks before they develop into incidents
- Leverage threat intelligence feeds, blacklists, statistical analysis, correlation rules, and signatures to identify threats
- Establish baselines of normal activity and detect anomalies with machine learning
- Generate a unified, dynamic risk score for every user and entity in real-time
- Enrich the context of security alerts to make it easier to investigate and detect elusive threats
- Customize threat detection content and analytics with Gurucul STUDIOTM
- Monitor activity, events & signals from security tools
- Detect known attack patterns, signatures, and correlations indicating an attack
- Detect unknown attack chains via machine learning and advanced analytics
- Leverage pre-packaged threat hunting use case libraries for the most common threat queries
- Proactively investigate new and unknown threat patterns using contextual data
- Generate risk prioritized alerts
- Automate and contain any malicious or potential threat from a single interface
- Automate collection of evidence for investigators
- Create a smart link of the entire attack lifecycle for pre and post incident analysis with Automated Incident Timelines
- View timelines spanning days and even years of data in easy to understand visualizations
- Search using any threat vector attributes such as security alerts, IP addresses, case IDs, Machine ID, Malware Signatures etc.
- Link events and related data into security incidents, threats, or forensic findings
- Tie incidents back to kill chain, MITRE ATT&CK techniques
- Get a user / device centric view not an alert centric view
- Prioritize incidents – understand which incidents are particularly abnormal or dangerous
- Mitigate identified threats with out-of-the-box customizable playbooks
- Provide recommended mitigation actions via playbook automation
- Enable automated response workflows
- Offer canvas-based playbook editor with function blocks
- Integrate with downstream security solutions to trigger appropriate risk remediation, incident response and ticketing
DASHBOARDS & REPORTING
- Leverage out-of-the-box dashboards by solution area, persona, or job function
- Customize dashboards with over 100 pre-built widgets which are visual representations of critical security analytics data
- Provide full drill down capabilities into events without leaving the interface
- Automatically map policies and anomaly models to global regulatory frameworks (PCI, HITECH, HIPAA, ISO27000, SOX, MITRE ATT&CK and more)
- Employ contextual search to review alerts & violations filtered by regulations
- Use 500+ of out-of-the-box reports
- Automate report scheduling and distribution
- Enjoy long-term raw log storage
Benefits of Gurucul Analytics-Driven SIEM
Improve Threat Detection
Gurucul Advanced Analytics improves threat detection and automates incident investigation. Your security analysts can dedicate more time analyzing high priority threats and less time on tedious tasks, without the need to manually piece evidence together into incident timelines, improving threat detection and analyst productivity.
Gurucul Incident Responder automates the manual response process with security orchestration and automation. Out-of-the-box integrations with popular security solutions enable analysts of all levels to run automated response playbooks that replace manual, error prone processes to ensure timely, consistent results and improve response times.
Decrease Logging Costs
Gurucul Security Data Lake has a predictable user-based pricing model that provides a low-cost option for unlimited log storage—decreasing logging costs. Unlimited logging enables analysts to collect and quickly search all of your data sources in a central repository without making compromises due to lack of scalability or budget.
Extend Security To The Cloud
Gurucul Cloud Connectors provide pre-built connectors to easily ingest logs from dozens of popular cloud-based services like Salesforce, O365, AWS, Google Apps for work, extending security monitoring into cloud services and infrastructure to prevent security blind spots.
Automating Incident Response with Machine Learning
Best Practices to Maximize the Benefits of Analytics-Driven SIEM