Gurucul is a global cyber security company that is changing the way organizations protect their most valuable assets, data and information from insider and external threats both on-premises and in the cloud. Gurucul’s real-time Cloud-Native Security Analytics and Operations Platform provides customers with Next Generation SIEM, Open XDR, UEBA, and Identity and Access Analytics in one unified platform. It combines machine learning behavior profiling with predictive risk-scoring algorithms to predict, prevent, and detect breaches. Gurucul technology is used by Global 1000 companies and government agencies to fight cybercrimes, IP theft, insider threat and account compromise as well as for log aggregation, compliance and risk-based security orchestration and automation for real-time extended detection and response. The company is based in Los Angeles.
Gurucul is backed by an advisory board comprised of Fortune 500 CISOs, and world-renowned experts in government intelligence and cyber security. Our mission is to help organizations protect their intellectual property, regulated information, and brand reputation, from insider threats and sophisticated external intrusions.
Gurucul is seeking an innovative analytics thinker for the role of senior level Data Scientist, to be part of Gurucul’s Data Science team. The candidate will be a key individual contributor responsible for the design and development of predictive models using latest technologies in machine learning. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the Cyber Security domain analyzing large data sets to develop actionable analytics solution. The candidate must also have experience in developing business intelligence solutions to improve operational efficiency, and in using data visualization tools to help in building visualization ideas to present the results to management teams.
The individual will be responsible for the creation of data models that can be applied for variety of Cyber security and Fraud use cases. He/she must be able to pick suitable analytic techniques to address the problem and demonstrate expertise in using various algorithms and other modeling techniques.
The individual will report directly to CTO. This position will also provide candidates the opportunity to interact with some of the best brains in information security space and Fortune 500 C-level executives and showcase their skills and passion as a Data Scientist in the Cyber Security Analytics field.
The candidate will need to create patents.
- Development of state-of-the-art algorithms and models for Cybersecurity and Fraud use case
- Work with large (terabytes of data, billions of daily transactions) structured and unstructured data sets.
- Design and analysis of new algorithms for real time data analytics
- Should coordinate with offshore development team to provide guidance on models and algorithms developed
- Work closely and iterate quickly with product teams throughout the organization showing demos and prototypes of the models created.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Prior experience in Cyber Security domain applied analytics, statistics, business intelligence, or predictive modeling.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in supervised and unsupervised learning methods such as SVMs, linear classifiers, Bayesian networks and clustering techniques.
- Possesses strong combination of theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in statistical techniques, regression analysis and machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity with reinforcement learning methods.
- Comfortable with multiple databases and large data sets
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong skills in scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Bash;
- Proficient in core Java development and Java EE technologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptionally well-organized and meets deadlines in a timely manner
- Experience analyzing internet scale datasets (billions of rows, thousands of columns)
- Experience in natural language processing techniques and text analytic is a plus.
- Good understanding of Web Services, XML, RDBMS with JSON and XML
- Conference publications in Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics a plus
Position is based in Los Angeles, CA. This position requires approximately 20% travel
- MS/PhD Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Physics or Engineering
- 10-15 years of experience
Submit resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.